An outdoor living space allows you to enjoy beautiful weather and entertain guests. While you may picture a standard fire pit, pool or barbecue grill, there are almost endless ways to improve your outdoor decor.
Thoughtfully designing and decorating your outdoor living space can make it feel like an extension of your interior. By adding a few design elements, you can transform your outdoor living space into the ultimate hosting and entertaining spot for friends, family and other guests.
6 Ways to Refresh Your Outdoor Living Space
Your outdoor living space is an extension of your home and an area where you can relax and entertain guests. By incorporating proper lighting and stylish designs, you can maximize this area. Check out our six tips for how to liven up outdoor decor and improve your outdoor living space.
1. Build an Outdoor Kitchen and Bar
An outdoor kitchen, dining area and bar is a phenomenal way to liven up an outdoor living space. You can take a peaceful area of your yard or patio and transform it into a lovely dining area. An outdoor kitchen and bar provide the ideal space for entertaining guests on a breezy afternoon.
You can also combine a fire pit or grilling station to your kitchen and bar to complete your outdoor dining area. If you do not have space for an entire kitchen and dining area, a minibar is a perfect way to transform a space and create the ideal setup for entertaining guests.
2. Use Exterior Lighting
Exterior lighting is the perfect way to add a touch of ambiance and a soft glow to any outdoor space in the evening. Illuminate a path or light up a seating area with string lights, spotlights or pathway lights. Outdoor lighting styles to brighten your yard can add the perfect touch to your design.
String lights improve an outdoor living space while creating an intimate ambiance. On the other hand, outdoor spotlights are the perfect way to light up a large area of your outdoor living space. Finally, pathway lights are ideal for illuminating pathways to and from your outdoor space.
3. Create a Custom Fireplace
A stone or brick fireplace will become the focal point of any outdoor living area. On breezy nights, a custom fireplace can provide some extra warmth and a soft glow over your outdoor space. Determining your budget can help you understand the cost of an outdoor fireplace and create yours.
An outdoor fireplace can add ambiance and soft lighting to an outdoor setting. Decorate your outdoor fireplace to complement your decor and add a stylish flair to your outdoor living space. An additional benefit of a fireplace is that it can also repel some bugs and insects.
4. Incorporate Outdoor Furniture
Adding welcoming furniture is another way to liven up outdoor living areas. By creating an outdoor living room, you now have a comfortable and inviting entertaining place for family and friends. An armchair, couch or chaise lounge are all excellent ways to effectively use your space.
Adding outdoor furniture can transform a space into a chic living room, cozy reading nook or comfortable lounging spot. Add a splash of color or a bold pattern with outdoor furniture to create a unique space that blends style and comfort harmoniously.
5. Add a Ceiling Fixture
A ceiling fixture, such as a fan, light or chandelier, can act as a focal point for your entertaining space. A ceiling fixture will liven up outdoor decor while adding additional lighting or air circulation. Ceiling fans are an energy-efficient way to cool down on warm days and add a gentle breeze.
Chandeliers and ceiling lights can offer a sophisticated look to your outdoor living space while adding a light source. A chandelier can elevate your outdoor design and add a more permanent, welcoming aspect.
6. Install Custom Outdoor Shades
Outdoor shades are an ideal exterior treatment for patios, verandas and outdoor living spaces. Custom outdoor shades are durable and long-lasting and can help outdoor spaces feel like an extension of your indoor living area.
A creative way to improve your home, outdoor shades can keep excess heat out, protect furniture and increase your outdoor space’s comfort. Outdoor shades can withstand wind, rain and inclement weather while complementing your overall design.
Benefits of Outdoor Shades
Outdoor shades are a practical addition to any exterior living space and can increase comfort while complementing your decor. While your patio, deck or veranda is the perfect place to relax and unwind, the beaming sun can be intense, causing many to seek the cool comforts of the indoors. An outdoor shade is one way to liven up outdoor living space and enhance design and comfort.
California rooms are a perfect place to add shades that combine the picturesque outdoor scenery with the comforts of the indoors. Additionally, outdoor shades are a significant improvement that can increase overall home value.
- Keeps heat out: Control your outdoor living space’s temperature with shades. By keeping excess heat out, outdoor shades can provide a cooler and more comfortable space for entertaining or enjoying the beautiful sunshine.
- Blocks up to 60 MPH winds: Premium outdoor shades are long-lasting and durable options that can withstand and block winds of up to 60 MPH when extended. In a thunderstorm, outdoor shades can provide you with peace of mind knowing that you’ve protected your outdoor living space from the elements.
- Protects furniture: Many outdoor shades feature zipper side closures, which can protect furniture from dirt, dust and other debris. Outdoor shades can save your furniture while helping it look new for as long as possible.
- Increases comfort: By adding protection from the elements, outdoor shades can increase comfort in your outdoor living space. Outdoor shades can help you enjoy your exterior living space and make the most of your relaxation time.
- Adds privacy: Outdoor shades can provide additional privacy for you to relax more comfortably in your outdoor living space. In addition to adding privacy, outdoor shades can create a more intimate ambiance for entertaining friends and family.
- Protects against harmful ultraviolet rays: Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays can harm your health. Outdoor shades protect against these dangerous rays, so you can enjoy your outdoor living space safely and comfortably.
- Flexible functionality: With most outdoor shades, you’ll have the choice between motorized and manual functionality. While motorized is generally more popular, the manual functionality is great for areas where the motorized components aren’t capable of being installed.
Let Shutter & Shade Shoppe Show You How to Improve Your Outdoor Living Space
At Shutter & Shade Shoppe, we offer an incredible selection of outdoor shades in Southern California. Our experienced team of experts is here to take precise measurements, provide recommendations and quickly and efficiently install outdoor shades. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality, cost-effective designs with a free in-home consultation.
Our custom-designed outdoor shades can enhance any exterior living or entertaining space. We provide top-quality custom exterior window treatments and ways to improve your outdoor decor and beautify your living space.
Call 949-674-0989 or contact us online today to learn more and schedule your free in-home consultation.