Wood Plantation Shutters in Orange County
Orange County is home to bright days, warm breezes and long sunsets. With new plantation shutters, you can experience everything the area has to offer — or block it all out for shade and privacy.
At Shutter & Shade Shoppe, we measure, design and install custom wood shutters. Our products have an exact fit. They will add value and visual appeal inside and out of your home.
What Are Wood Plantation Shutters?
Plantation shutters have a recognizable design. While blinds have slats that raise using drawstrings, the slats on shutters — also called louvers — remain in place. They rotate to the open or closed position while the shutter remains over the entire window frame.
Plantation shutters are a popular choice for window treatments because they offer the ultimate control over light, privacy, noise and temperature. With customization, they are suitable for virtually any window in your home. These shutters are equally modern and traditional, featuring symmetrical lines that offer universal appeal.
What Are the Benefits of Installing Wood Shutters in Southern California?
Wooden plantation shutters offer multiple advantages for your Orange County residence year-round. They keep things cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and they add a rich decorative appeal you’ll enjoy every time you walk into the room. All the shutters we offer will deliver on these promises and more, with other excellent benefits of installation that include:
- Light filtering: With plantation shutters, you can control exactly how much light you’re letting in. You can adjust them to create a comfortable, attractive ambiance at any time of day.
- More privacy: When closed, our plantation shutters block the sunlight and prying eyes. They also help muffle sounds traveling in and out of your home.
- Improved energy efficiency: Wood plantation shutters keep the interior climate more stable. Your HVAC system will work less to heat and cool your home, leading to less wear and reducing utility costs.
- Simplified maintenance: These shutters are made from solid wood. They are sturdy and easy to wipe down with a cloth rag or feather duster. You can also clean them with a vacuum and brush attachment.
A Wide Selection of Custom Wood Shutters in Orange County
We have partnerships with several of the world’s leading shutter manufacturers. When you work with us, you’ll have a wide selection of styles to choose from with options that will complement any home. We’ll also apply your preferred option for the finish for the right appearance, whether your home has a contemporary, traditional or casual look.
Our products are made to last for decades in your home, but if you have an issue, we’ll take care of it fast to keep you happy and your home looking great. A limited lifetime warranty backs all our installations, and the mounting hardware we use is backed for life as well.
Wood Plantation Shutter Installation in Orange County
For a sophisticated, classic plantation shutter option, we recommend custom wood shutters. The material offers an elegant, warm and striking finish for the interior of your home. Select from numerous designs tailored to your preferences, including options from industry leaders like ONYX Shutters. Our process of installing plantation shutters in your home is simple:
- Consultation and measurement: Contact us for a free in-home consultation, where we will discuss your style and preferences and expertly measure your windows.
- Selection and quotation: We’ll bring a selection of premium materials for you to choose from with an understanding of how they look in your space. Once you’ve chosen your shutters, we’ll provide an accurate quote.
- Creation and installation: When your plantation shutters are ready, we’ll return to your home to install them quickly and conveniently with no additional charge.
Creating the Ideal Plantation Shutters for Your Home
Customization is key to ensuring your plantation shutters serve a practical and aesthetic purpose in your home. Select the style and finish to enhance your space. You can customize the following elements:
- Plantation shutter colors: Customize your window treatments by exploring several traditional finishes with neutral colors that neatly blend into your home. Opt for a crisp white for a clean, elegant finish or choose from various paint colors and wood stains to give your home a unique, warm feel.
- Interior louver sizes: Indoor louvers, also known as shutter slats, come in different sizes. Wider louvers offer a contemporary look, with prominent spaces between the louvers providing a better view of the outdoors. Narrow louvers are ideal for smaller windows and homes with a historical flair. You can also choose from medium options that are suitable for any size window.
- Plantation shutter tilts: Plantation shutters have a rod that enables them to tilt up or down and from side to side. A classic tilt rod is situated on the front of the louvers. Alternatively, you can select a hidden rod that sits behind your shutters or a split tilt rod that allows you to adjust various sections of your plantation shutters independently. Split tilt rods are ideal for tall windows, allowing you to open the top section to let in light while keeping the bottom section closed for privacy.
Custom Wooden Plantation Shutters for Your Orange County Home
At Shutter & Shade Shoppe, we’re committed to providing you with a fun shopping experience and a quality product. Our design team will help you select the right style and finish for your custom wood shutters in your Orange County residence. We’ll also save you the time and effort of taking measurements.
Lead times for most of our plantation shutters are fast, with most orders ready to install within three weeks. We’ll keep you updated, schedule your installation when your shutters are ready and send a trained, courteous and professional team of in-house installers to ensure everything is done right.