Window treatments, which refer to interior decorations for window frames, provide various advantages, including their ability to block out unwanted natural light, increase your home’s energy efficiency and make your living space more inviting.
When it comes time to shop for these coverings, your first thought may be to choose ready-made treatments. However, these tend to only be available in a few sizes and styles, meaning they may fail to match your windows’ size and your home. By opting for custom window treatments, you can avoid these issues and enjoy many more benefits, too.
What Are the Different Types of Custom Window Treatments?
At Shutter & Shade Shoppe, we offer a range of highly customizable window treatments, including shutters, shades and drapes.
If you’re researching custom window shutter benefits, you’ll have a choice between wood and PVC.
- Wood shutters: Our custom-built wood shutters feature a timeless European design and Italian style, which lend an air of sophistication and class that will surely enhance your home’s atmosphere. The shutters’ crisp white wooden blocks direct sunlight softly and reflect shafts of sunlight through your room, which will enlarge and brighten the space. Whether you select a white-inspired palette to make rich accent colors pop, or one of the many stain colors to bring a natural, warm and rustic look, our shutters feature the highest-quality materials and will endure many years of use.
- PVC shutters: If you want to install shutters in a hot, humid place such as a bathroom or shower, we’ve developed high-quality PVC shutters that can withstand these damp, hot conditions. These durable shutters come with stainless steel magnets and hinges, so you won’t have to worry about the hardware rusting. These PVC shutters offer complete privacy when closed.
One of the most notable benefits of custom window shades is their ability to precisely control the amount of light they let in. We offer a range of shade options that vary in style and the amount of light they block out.
- Dual shades: You can adjust our innovative dual shades to your liking. With a design that allows staggered but steady rotations between lighting and shading, these dual shades strike a perfect balance between comfort and privacy. These shades are ideal for creating a comfortable, cozy ambiance. Their interchanging panels of opaque and transparent fabric have a graphic, contemporary style.
- Room Darkening shades: In cases where privacy is crucial — or you need a darker room to sleep — these bold and powerful shades are a perfect choice. With our Room Darkening shades, light comes in only if you want it — and none if you don’t. Our shades all have a unique coating to ensure they keep your space dark and cool for many years.
- Sunscreen shades: With our light-filtering shades, you can fill the entire room with the brilliant white light from Mother Nature, meaning you won’t have to depend as much on artificial light. The materials, which you can custom-order to suit your specific shading preference, let natural light filter through gently. The result is an open, breezy and radiant atmosphere that can make any room feel bigger.
- Roman shades: Our Roman shades, which we developed to maximize privacy, are a perfect choice for rooms where comfort and warmth are the focus. With hundreds of fabric types to pick from, Roman shades will provide bedrooms with complete privacy, while also ensuring everyone is safe from exposure to damaging UV light.
- Woven shades: Our versatile woven shades are a perfect choice if you’re looking to give the room a more natural feel. Infused with grass, bamboo and reed, our woven shades provide your windows with a clean, organic look. These are lighter than our other shades lines and need only one cord to operate.
Our simple, stylish draperies can go on any window in your home. You can choose the material and level of transparency you want, allowing you to keep out heat during the warm months and trap warmth in during fall and winter. Since these drapes are easy to open and close, you’ll have no trouble adjusting this covering to your liking.
5 Benefits of Custom Window Treatments
Custom window treatments can suit windows of any style, shape and size. Whether you’re having trouble finding treatments to fit an oversized window or need coverings with a specific color scheme, custom window treatments are an excellent solution.
Below, we’ll share the five most notable benefits of custom window coverings.
1. Precise Measurements
Manufacturers will make treatments that fit your windows’ dimensions. On the other hand, if you buy ready-made options, you’ll have to choose from among only a few available sizes. If you have any unusually shaped or non-standard windows, you’re probably not going to find a solution that fits well or controls the amount of sunlight you need.
2. Professional Treatment and Installation
A window treatment professional is a fantastic resource — they suggest window covering options that complement your home’s aesthetic. They also look for options that suit your needs and preferences, including insulating and light qualities.
With custom-made window treatments, you don’t only have more options to choose from — you also have a specialist to walk you through them.
3. Various Design Options
With custom-made window treatments, you can choose from an extensive range of colors, textures, finishes and materials, giving you a virtually endless number of design combinations. Whatever window personality you have, you’ll be able to find a custom window treatment that suits it perfectly.
Conversely, ready-made window treatments have limited materials and colors. For example, if you like the look and feel of wood plantation blinds, you won’t have as many color or material choices.
4. Energy Efficiency
Windows without treatments can significantly reduce your home’s energy efficiency. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates the average home loses roughly 30% of its heating through windows. And when you run your AC in the summer, 76% of the sunlight coming through the windows becomes heat.
Installing window treatments can significantly reduce the amount of energy lost through windows and help keep your home at a more comfortable temperature.
Various window treatments save more energy than others, and some work better in one season than another. Vertical or horizontal blinds, for instance, are effective at reducing sunlight during the hot months, and you can control how much sunlight enters by adjusting the blinds’ positioning. However, they are not as good at keeping the heat in during the colder months. That’s because blinds feature slats with openings that make them poor insulators.
Custom-made blinds are much more efficient. Ready-made blinds only come in standard sizes, making it challenging to find the right size if your windows’ dimensions are outside the norm. Custom blinds fit much better, making them more effective at improving energy efficiency.
While you may enjoy a friendly relationship with your next-door neighbors, you probably don’t necessarily enjoy them looking in on you through your windows. Window treatments allow you to easily control how much privacy you want.
Choose Shutter & Shade Shoppe for Your Custom Window Treatments
If you want windows that fit precisely and match your needs and tastes, custom window treatments are the answer. When you’re looking for the best custom window treatments in Southern California, let Shutter & Shade Shoppe help you find solutions.
At Shutter & Shade Shoppe, our goal is to provide our customers with the highest-quality custom-made window treatments for all their household needs. Reach out to us using our form, and we’ll provide a consultation free of charge.